actual german compound nouns:
Staubsauger (vaccuum cleaner, literally “DUST SUCKER”)
Vorhang (curtain, literally “HANGS IN FRONT”)
Wasserkocher (kettle, literally “WATER BOILER”)
this is why german is the best
This is delightful.
We have dust sucker, “hangs in front”, snail house and waterboiler in Norway, too
Daughter tells her Dad he’s going to be a Grandpa [x]
When he says “really” ;’)
Never leave this un-reblogged
What a dear human being he is.
I cry every single time!!
Same here ^
People have offered many potential explanations for this discrepancy, but this ad highlights the importance of the social cues that push girls away from math and science in their earliest childhood years.
Jasper Needs to Get Rid of Some Shit Giveaway
All of the above were given to me as gifts and have sat largely untouched.
1. lot of 20 white candles
2. set of runestones (never used)
3.. Cunningham’s Magical Sampler (never read)
4. The Faeries Oracle (opened but unused)
3. lot of 3 jawbones (beaver, coyote, and deer)
Winner receives ALL items.
- you can follow me or not up to you
- like & reblog as much as you want
- I will ship within Canada and the continental United States
- winner will be announced PUBLICLY as this is a sideblog, so please keep an eye on your tag
- winner has 48 hours to respond
- giveaway ends July 23rd
if you ever think about sending me an ask and decide not to cause “oh she doesn’t care” or “oh I don’t want to bother her” literally I’m the loneliest piece of shit you can find and would still love you if you sent me the word nuzzle over and over again